The facilities of the Glencairn Memorial Institute are hired on the following terms:
- The heating will normally be switched on one hour before the event unless requested otherwise when appropriate
- All necessary licenses and permissions for the event have been obtained
- Compliance with the Food and Safety Act 1990 and any subsequent regulations are followed
- Any electrical equipment brought on to the premises has been checked
- Risk assessments are undertaken*
- All exits are kept free of obstructions
- All the areas in and around the building are cleaned after use and all the waste removed from the premises
- Any damaged caused must be reported to the Institute committee and either paid for or repaired.
- After the event all furniture must be tidied, tables folded and left in the store, chairs stacked against the wall. (No more than 8 high).
- No children under the age of 18 are left unsupervised at any time
- No children are allowed in the kitchen unsupervised
- No lighter-than-air balloons allowed on the premises.
- When selling alcohol on the premises it is the responsibility of the hirer to obtain the appropriate licence from Dumfries & Galloway Council.
N.B. It is particularly important that you familiarise yourself with fire exits, assembly point and have a plan so that you can vacate the building quickly without panic