Minutes of GMI meeting on Tuesday April 9th at 7 pm at The Craigdarroch Hotel, Moniaive.
The previous minutes were proposed to be correct by Jan and seconded by Mags 1.Apolgies: Kate Howard Present: Alison Miles, Jan McFadzean, Margaret Glasgow, Tim OSullivan, Nettie Squibb and Anja Lyttle 2. JMc welcomed Alison Miles to the meeting. 3. Treasurer’s report. Total holdings £4806.31
Outstanding liabilities EON £433.49 (see note)
The direct debit for Eon was set up on one of the old accounts we no longer use this is now sorted.
We have paid out a few large amounts as follows- Insurance £1697.92 Stannah lifts and Boyd fire are paid for the annual services and we are up to date with Alison and Hunter for oil payments.
All in all it looks alright the only problem I can see is we have no buffer for if anything goes wrong with the building so must carry on looking for grants, to sum up we are fine day to day which is a great position.
Anja informed the meeting that the school is now paying £1000.- per annum. It was agreed that the school can book any events free of charge from now on. Tim suggested to pay someone to look into big funding and pay someone to help us apply for this. He will get in touch with Moniaive Initiative. Action Tim The coving still has not been fixed. Tim will ask Andrew McKenna to do this asap. Action Tim. 4. Bookings: Kate send a short report on bookings. The hall is now booked for something every day except weekends. Ballroom dancing takes place on some Sunday afternoons. 5. Backlog: Lee agreed to do fire checks and log the findings in the log book. He will get the log books off Tim. Railings at the back door: Tim will get in touch with Campbell, Kevin or Stephen to get the railings built asap Action Tim Light: it was pointed out that the security light had been on for a few days. Anja will look into this. Action Anja Tim suggested to install sensor lights. Action Tim Locks: The front door lock is giving a lot of trouble. Tim will follow up and get a new lock installed. Action Tim. Kitchen floor: Anja suggested applying for funding from GCWFF in the Autumn. Tim will need to Send in a full report of the previous funding to the CC first. Action: Tim and Anja 6. Funding received for the library: steps, lights, beanbags and storage shelves have now been ordered. 7. Invoicing: Peter wants to stop invoicing at the end of May or June. Alison indicated she would be happy to take over invoicing if Peter would show her what to do. It was suggested that Alison and Kate will get in touch about the best way forward . action Kate and Alison 8. Coving stone repair – see point 3 9.a.o.b School fee – see point 3 Library and book sale After the folk festival an book sale will be organised from the Hive library. There is money available to buy children’s books. Mags suggested to also concentrate on books for 2-3 year olds. Anja is still waiting for a list of popular children’s books, which has been compiled by the school children. Action Anja Mags brought to our attention that during Spring Fling there will be a plant sale in the Bowling club for the wild flower garden. Pottery. Mags says she has been struggling with numbers for the pottery. The pottery group has secured grants for a kiln, but needs now to get money for a protective cage. Until May, the pottery has paid in £350.- although the group is not using the pottery on Monday evenings anymore. Heating has also been an issue. It was suggested that the pottery would not pay anymore and that the money saved would be able to pay for the protective cage. Proposed by Nettie and seconded by Anja. There was a short discussion about the pool room. If the room is not going to be used for music practice next year, it was suggested to turn it into an archive room. Further discussion is needed.
Date of next meeting: Tuesday June 11th at 7 pm in the Craigdarroch Hotel, Moniaive.